Are you looking for more challenge for your child(ren)?
We are now registering for the 2023/2024 school year for Grades 1 through to Grade 8. To book a personal tour of our school, please email: email@example.com.
Montessori prepares students both in higher eduction and life, by helping students attain skills that allow them to become independently functioning adults and lifelong learners.
Children who grow up in Montessori schools tend to be culturally literate, well educated, and highly successful in University and later in life. We are fortunate in Montessori that our classrooms are set-up to capitalize on children’s creative thinking, allow for many types of learners. Time for reflective thinking is built in. Our curriculum first develops critical thinking skills, before beginning to introduce research skills in our Elementary programs. The Junior High program engages students with all forms of technology, optimizing preparation for a Traditional High School environment.
At Dearcroft Montessori School we pride ourselves on offering a stable and secure learning environment for children. The pandemic has further highlighted the reality that not all children in our community and across Halton region have experienced the same level of happiness and ease of transitions back into classroom-based learning. Many families are looking for consistency, robust curriculum, and strength of experience, the qualities of a Montessori education and the core values of a school community which is exactly what Dearcroft offers.
Addition to classroom instruction we offer:
- Incredible Expedition Education program traveling all over Canada.
- Extensive physical education program rich in experience to encourage lifelong participation in physical activity.
- Offer sports such as padding on 16 Mile Creek, a skating and shinny program. Volleyball, baseball, tennis, badminton.
- After School activities and clubs including a combination of French and Music and Fine Art.
- Travel Opportunities.
- Enriched French and music programs.
- Montessori Model United Nations program and conference in New York City.
- Great Lakes & Canadian World Heritage Curriculum.
- Experiential Opportunities such as skating on the Rideau Canal in Ottawa, Canadian Heritage Rivers on Camping Trips, and snow showing on our annual Celebration of Winter Trip.
- Active members in the Private School Athletic Association (PSAA).
- Partnerships with several different facilities and organizations to offer professional training opportunities to enhance physical education and skills.