Dearcroft Montessori School
Dearcroft Montessori School’s mission is to provide our students with the opportunity to develop and nurture their individual academic and social strengths in a safe and motivational learning environment.
Within classically structured and fully equipped Montessori classrooms, immersed in a naturally inspired setting, our students experience an exciting, well-balanced curriculum.
At Dearcroft Montessori School we are committed to promoting individuality of all of our students and to creating a positive school climate that is inclusive, equitable and accepting. We endeavor to teach our students to respect, appreciate and value the differences they see in one another regardless of, but not limited to, gender, ethnicity, ancestry, place of origin, colour, citizenship, gender identity, gender expression or disability. We expect that all students always demonstrate these values. We offer equal opportunities for participation and learning for all our students and will ensure that they feel secure in knowing that their contributions to the school are valued.
Delivering bold and inspiring curriculum for over 50 years in Oakville.
55 years of operation
55 years of operation under the direction of two generations of the Phippen family has seen Dearcroft evolve into a school of approximately 170 children operating on the Casa (Preschool), Elementary and Junior High levels. Since 1968, Dearcroft, Oakville’s original Montessori School has developed a national reputation for academic excellence. Our family-oriented setting, provides your child with a nurturing environment ensuring social, emotional and academic growth.
The school provides a favourable pupil-teacher ratio with support staff for specialty areas (such as access to computers). Student progress is carefully tracked by teachers and is regularly reported to parents.
As a valued member of our school community, your child will be encouraged to develop friendships and learning skills to last a lifetime.
Before graduating Level 8, children will experience:
- A national award-winning curriculum
- Bright, spacious, naturally lit classrooms with panaromic views of a beautifully wooded and historic estate property
- Fully qualified, experienced Montessori teachers with an optimal teacher/student ratio
- Enriched French and music programs
- Incredible outdoor education
- First Nations studies and a special emphasis on the Group of Seven
- Indoor and outdoor performing art stages
- After school activities, clubs, lunch program, before/after school care
Our West Wind Junior High students will experience:
- An intensive focus on the Great Lakes / Canadian Heritage River curriculum
- Computer technology programs
- An extensive physical education program and an annual winter trip
- Model United Nations program with a trip to NY City
- Travel opportunities